- 1 oz fresh ginger juice
- 2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 3 oz simple syrup
- 10 oz warm water
- 25 granules of cuvee yeast
- 1 16oz glass bottle with a tight cap/lid
- Peel the ginger and pulse in a food processor until very shredded. It should feel gummy and soft.
- Place shreds of ginger into cheese cloth, and squeeze the juices into a bowl.
- Mix the ginger juice, lemon juice, simple syrup and warm water into a large bowl.
- Pour into the glass bottle, I find that a funnel works well here
- Next add the yeast granules into the bottle, secure tightly and give it a quick shake.
- Let rest in a cool, dark place for 48 hours.
- Then place into the refrigerator to stop the fermentation process and enjoy. Your ginger beer is now ready!
- *Note- this makes 1 16oz bottle. I usually make a batch of 5-6 bottles at one time so adjust the recipe for the amount you are making.
- Also- about one large piece of ginger will yld enough juice for about 6 bottles. The ginger in the picture above is a small piece, enough for about 2 bottles.