Individual White Berry Lemon Sangrias
Yield: 8 individual sangrias
Prep Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
Personal, individually-portioned sangrias made and served in the very same jar. Strawberries, blackberries, lemons, and apples soak in white wine and rum – then you simply pull the jars out of the fridge, add ice and soda, plop in a straw, and hand ’em out. Your next party just got loads easier.
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored and sliced (any kind)
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine (a dry-ish white wine is best – I like Sauvignon Blanc) (about 1/2 cup per jar)
- ½ cup white rum, divided (1 tablespoon per jar)
- Approx. 4 cups lemon-lime soda
- 8 16-ounce pint mason jars with lids and rims
- Divide lemon slices among the eight jars, then the apples, then the strawberries and blackberries.
- Pour the wine (1/2 cup each) and rum (1 tablespoon each) into each jar, over the fruit.
- Cover each jar with a lid and screw shut.
- Place in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 hours, or up to 12 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator. Add ice and pour lemon-lime soda to the top of the jar. Plop in a straw and serve.
Recipe time includes 4 hours in the refrigerator.