Blackberry Whiskey Lemonade
- 12 oz. fresh blackberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 7.5 oz. whiskey
- 7.5 oz. lemon juice
- 1 large rosemary sprig
- 6 oz. blackberry simple syrup
- Put the blackberries and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until blackberries have softened and you have a thick syrup.
- Strain syrup through a mesh sieve to separate any seeds or lumps from the syrup. You can discard the leftover pulp, although I like to freeze it in ice cube trays and pop a cube or two in smoothies.
- Let syrup cool on the counter for 20 minutes or so before you make the drinks.
- Combine all ingredients in a large shaker and add a handful or two of ice cubes. Depending on the size of your shaker, you may have to shake the drinks in two batches.
- Shake to combine and chill drinks.
- Pour over ice into glasses and serve.
Lighten the drinks up a bit (and stretch them to serve more people!) by topping each drink off with a splash of tonic water or sparkling wine.