- 1 Rock Glass (8oz)
- 30ml Campari
- 30ml Martini Rosso
- 1 Club Soda
- 1 Lemon Slice
- 1 Cherry
Build in and stir well with ice and add lemon slice and cherry.
- 1 Four and Half oz Glass
- 30ml Amaretto
- 15ml Sugar Syrup
- 30ml Lime Juice
- 1 Lemon Slice
Shake and Strain on to glass and add lemon slice.
- 1 Balloon Glass
- 15ml Gin
- 15ml Vodka
- 15ml Rum
- 15ml Tequila
- 15ml Triple Sec
- 15ml Whiskey
- 15ml Brandy
- 1 Lemon Slice
Rim the balloon glass with salt. Shake and Pour in to the balloon glass and add 3 ice cube.
Simple Syrup is basically sugar and water. The reason why we use simple syrup rather than sugar is because, sugar takes time to dissolve in a drink especially in chilled drink. Most of the time the sugar will end up at the bottom of the glass. By using sugar syrup, it will help the flavor to mix quickly and evenly with other ingredient.
How to make Simple Syrup
- 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of water in a pot. (Add flavoring ingredient if you are creating Flavored syrup)
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil. Stir to prevent scorching.
- Bring down the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from hear and let it cool to room temperature.
- Strain out any solid piece and bottle the syrup.
This can be kept for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.
Liqueur is a type of spirits that has been flavored with fruit, cream, spices or flower. Sugar or Sweetener are added when bottled. Liqueur is usually used to create cocktails.
Here are some of my personal favorite liqueur:
- Lychee Liqueur
- Creme De Banana
The Various type of Spirits:
- Gin is made from Juniper Berries.
- Gin is made from Potatoes or Grains.
- Rum is usually distilled from Sugar Cane
- Tequila is distilled from Blue Agave plant.
- Whiskey is usually distilled from mash such as barley, wheat and corn.
- American whiskey distilled with at least 51 percent of corn mash.
- Brandy is made by distilling wine therefore the fruit used is grape
- A type of sparkling wine.
The various Techniques are as followed:
- A technique to crush or smash, to release flavor from the fruits or herbs(mint)
- Key to achieve a well-balanced cocktail.
- A way to measure to achieve a balanced cocktail.
- Technique to mix the cocktail and chill it in less than 10 seconds.
- Stirring is another way to mix cocktail. Crystal clear drink as compared to shaking.
Making a Twist
- Add aromatic oil smell of the citrus peel to the drink.
- Mixing everything in the glass with/without ice and serve.
In this post I’m going to introduce some basic equipment that is needed to create a cocktails and the uses of the equipment.
They are as followed:
- Designed to aid in layering liquid on top of another.
- A Jigger is used to measure liquid.
- Shaker comes in different style, such as two piece or three piece. The main purpose of a shaker is to chill the drinks fast in less than 30 second.
- Shot glass
- Four and Half oz Glass
- Rock Glass
- Tall Glass
- Martini Glass
- Brandy Glass
- Liqueur Glass
- Wine Glass
- Champagne Glass
- Beer mug
- Ingredient are said to be one of the most important part of the cocktails, certain cocktail require certain brands of alcohol due to the reason that it might not be able to bring out the taste of the cocktail. But in this case I won’t be focusing much on the ingredient.
I’m a 24 year old Singaporean guy living in Singapore found myself lost while searching for my future! In this website I will talk about the fundamental of Bar-tending,Cocktails and Cocktails Concoction! At the same time I do provide bar service for private event! Email me to find out more!
You must be logged in to post a comment.